BAYSIXTY6 operates as a not-for-profit and is applying for charity registration
Our goals are to develop further our subsidies and teaching programmes, maintain and develop our public/private partnership with Nike Skate Boarding, continue to provide children, youth and people of all ages and backgrounds top class sporting and recreational facilities where they can mix and socialise in a safe, supervised environment whilst experiencing on-going learning of new skills to challenge themselves further.
BAYSIXTY6 Skate Park has a direct impact on the local communities in which it serves – Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, Hammersmith and Fulham, Brent and Westminster.
The benefits of our subsidies and programmes are of course not just financial in nature. From the obvious lifelong benefits of engaging in sport to the additional support provided to parents and schools, local youth are off the streets, personal improvement, camaraderie and mentoring are all at play whilst kids of all ages, backgrounds and means socialise with each other forming solid social bonds, learning and developing a range of new skills, respect for themselves and those around them.
BAYSIXTY6 CHARITABLE OBJECTS
- TO FURTHER THE PROSPECTS OF ALL AND IN PARTICULAR CHILDREN AND YOUTH, ENGAGING THEM THROUGH URBAN SPORT, PROVIDING A SAFE AND SECURE ENVIRONMENT WITH STAFFED AND MANAGED SKATE PARK FACILITIES.
- TO FURTHER THE EDUCATION OF ALLCOMERS IN THE ART OF SKATEBOARDING THROUGH USE OF, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BEGINNERS SESSIONS, INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP LESSONS, PHYSICAL EDUCATION LESSONS FOR SCHOOLS, AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS, DEMONSTRATIONS AND EVENTS.
- TO PROVIDE MEMBERSHIP ENTRY SUBSIDIES TO LESS FINANCIALLY ABLE MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY IN ORDER THAT THEY TOO CAN PARTICIPATE EITHER FOR SPORT, LEISURE OR RECREATION.
- TO KEEP OUR SERVICES ACCESS FEES AS LOW AS OUR DELIVERY COSTS PERMIT AND WHEREVER POSSIBLE PROVIDE THEM FOR FREE.
- TO RECOGNISE AND PROVIDE FOR ALL PERSONS REGARDLESS OF CREED, COLOUR, BACKGROUND, DISABILITY OR PERSUASION.
- TO CREATE A POSITIVE ENVIRONMENT, FOSTER PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT AND WHERE POSSIBLE PROVIDE MENTORSHIP FOR ALLCOMERS.
- TO REDUCE ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR AND INCREASE OPPORTUNITIES FOR THOSE AT RISK OF SOCIAL EXCLUSION.
- TO PROVIDE LOCAL EMPLOYMENT AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES.
- TO BE AN ASSET TO THE LOCAL COMMUNITIES IN WHICH WE OPERATE AS WELL AS THE WIDER SKATEBOARDING COMMUNITY.